Here are another article about knowing a fake facebook account.
1. Look for photos in the profile.If there is only one photo of the individual in the whole profile it makes it quite clear that the account is fake.
2. Look for status updates,wall posts and comments. If the user hasn’t updated a status for quite a long time and hasn’t been involved in any wall posting or commenting of other statuses,it means that the profile is likely to be fake.
3. Look at the recent activities. If it is that the user has just been adding randoms and making new friends,and that there are no pages liked or groups joined,it suggests that the user is determined in just adding people and hence the profile is fake.
4. Check out the friend list.If found that maximum of the friends are of the opposite gender,it can be assumed that the profile is used either for fun or for random dating.
5. Check the info. If found that there is no ideal links given regarding school or educational institutions or workplace and that the user is looking for dating and interested in both men and women,it shows signs of fakeness.
6. Check the birthdate. Birth dates like 1/1/XX…..or……31/12/XX are common between fake accounts as it is quite unique and easy to type in.
7. Fake profiles of girls usually have a contact no. in their info. Lets face it,girls harldy will have their contact no. in public. So watch out if the user exposes info that is unlikely for general users to unveil in public.
8. Look out for recent wall posts,if u see loads of people asking…’THANKS FOR THE ADD….DO I KNOW YOU’……and yet the posts remains un answered…it is bound to be a fake one.
9. Look for common tarits used in facebook,like.using applications such as farmville,pet society etc….and adding siblings. If these traits are not found among the user,the profile is highly inactive or fake.This point can’t single handedly prove the fakeness,however this will be a supporting clue along with other points.
10. If you are quite certain about the profile’s fakeness,and want to be absolutely sure,try browsing google for some random profile pictues. Fake profile pictures are usually selected from google and while browsing through it,you might as well come upon the picture the user chose for the fake account.