There are many Triks and Tips to Improve Computer Speed. . It doesn’t matter if the RAM 256 MB or 2 GB. The Speed depends on many fators like Memory Junk etc. Here are the Top 10 Reommended Tricks and Tips to Improve Computer Speed :
1) We should let the Computer Boot Up Completely before Opening any Applications.
2) Refresh the Desktop after closing any Application. This will remove any unused files from the RAM.
3) Do not set very large file size Images as the Wallpaper and if the Computer is on very low RAM like 64 MB or 128 MB then avoid using it if possible.
4) Do not Clutter the Desktop with lot of Shortcuts as each Shortcut on the Desktop uses up to 500 bytes of RAM.
5) Empty the Recycle Bin Regularly. As we know that the Files we delete are not really deleted from our Hard Drive until we Empty the Recycle Bin.
6) Delete the Temporary Internet Files Regularly.
7) Defragment the Hard Drive once every Month. This will free Up a lot of Space on our Hard Drive and would rearrange the Files so that our Applications Run Faster.
8) Always make two or more Partitions in the Hard Drive and Install all Large Softwares ( like PSP, Photoshop, 3DS Max etc ) in the second partition as Windows uses all the available Empty Space of C Drive as Virtual Memory when our Computer RAM is full. I Recommend to keep the C Drive as Empty as possible.
9) When Installing a New Softwares Disable the Option of having a Tray icon. The Tray Icons use up the maximum available RAM and also Slow Down the Booting Time of our Computer. Also Disable the option of Starting of the Application Automatically on the Computer Start.
10) Protect the Computer from Dust. Dust causes the CPU Cooling Fan to Jam and Slow Down it's Speed thereby gradually heating CPU and affecting the Processing Speed i.e. Computer's Speed. Use compressed air to blow out any Dust from the CPU. Never use vacuum.
So these are simple Top 10 Tricks and Tips to Improve Computer Speed.